Monday, October 6, 2008

SAHM I AM - My first attempt at blogging

I've been a stay at home mom (SAHM) for exactly 4 months now. Well, 4 months and 2 days to be exact because that's how long it's been since I've been at work (Yes, I'm crazy, I know, and got enough grief from the hubby already for that).

What was I doing before I earned the SAHM title? I was an office manager and executive assistant for a very busy man at a property management company. I loved my job. I loved the people, I loved taking 4 hours to finish a salad while trying to meet a deadline that was 2 days ago, I loved being smart and feeling needed, like if I left, the gang would miss me. DEARLY. It's been 4 months and 2 days and sure enough, they moved on. I'm not as special as I thought. My kind boss tells me it ain't so, but he's just being kind. And, dorky and loser-ish as it sounds, I kinda miss the long hours!

Today I was at a birthday party for the kids of one of HP's friends (HP = the husband) and about a million and three people asked if I was still working. And I answered that I was a SAHM (again, Stay at Home Mom). Not that I feel deserving of the title. Somehow it seems you need 3 difficult labors and 3 screaming kids with soccer practices and piano lessons to drive to in order to deserve that title. One little baby girl? Not quite . . . more like lazy woman who doesn't want to work.

Either way, deserving or not, it's a new title and I'm going to live it to the fullest. So, I decided today that I will start a blog. A blog to talk about my daily life, to talk about other things going on around me, to brag about my dear baby girl Tylo. I tried it once back in the day when Xanga was popular and got bored. What did I write about? I think Prime Rib and Fried Chicken and maybe a guy here and there. I think 2 people read it. Or maybe one person read it twice. Yup, life used to be about food and dating. Now it's about endless hours of folding tiny things that get used up in the next day anyway. (Jen, I'm still thinking about your advice on not folding Tylo's laundry, but the SAHM in me won't allow it!). Since being a SAHM I've been addicted to blogs by other funny, smart, interesting moms. (Did I just call myself a "funny, smart, interesting mom"?)

So, I hope you will read this blog, to keep in touch with me, to learn about mom/baby stuff (if you care for it), to keep you from being bored if you have a horrible job or if you can't sleep late at night and sleeping pills aren't doing the job. I promise the future posts will be much, much shorter (fingers crossed).

No comments: