Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I like Tuesdays

Today was supposed to be a bit more exciting. Bottle Shock was supposed to play for baby night at the movies and I got Tylo all ready with an early bath so we could head out as soon as HP got home. Right around 5 pm I checked the listing again and they were playing something else that didn't look the least bit interesting. Bummer. I was totally looking forward to it too.

Luckily, Tuesday is one of our favorite tv nights. House is one of the two shows we enjoy watching together. True Blood is the other one. And, I'm so excited, 24 is coming back! It's been a long, agonizing wait thanks to the writers' strike, but it should be worth the wait. Tuesday is also 90210 night, which I'm just having the time to watch, at 1:30 in the morning. I know, I know, don't give me grief. It's my guilty pleasure and it's super addicting. Even if I am like 15 years older than the characters (well, close!).

So what else exciting did I do tonight? I cleaned out my pantry! I had microwave popcorn, hot chocolate and gum from 2007. Guess it's been a while since the last cleaning. I had like another 3 boxes of popcorn that are going to expire by November 2008, from my pregnancy days. Guess I'll be eating a lot of popcorn in the next few weeks. It felt great to clear out the junk, and it really wasn't as bad as it has been. I am super guilty of overstocking my pantry because I hate to run out of stuff and I these days I can't just run to the store that easily. I just have to learn how to eat/use it all.

I also realized that half a pantry shelf is full of tea/coffee products. I don't know why, guess I used to be addicted to caffeine.

Other good news - Tylo has finally learned to use her arms and has better body control now. So, bed time has been a million times better. Last night, even though we dragged her out late to our anniversary dinner, she slept through the night without a peep, and didn't even try to roll over! That was an entire 10.5 hours. It was GLORIOUS. Tonight so far hasn't been as great, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

-

No comments: