Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Vanity Kicks In

So it’s 2009! Good grief. I know it’s been said a million times over, but where do the years go? And the hours in the day? I think we don’t remember the past accurately, because I think back and say that I used to have tons of time to vegetate and give myself facials and pedicures, but it probably wasn’t true. All I know is that nowadays, my list of “to dos” keeps getting longer with no end in sight.

The exciting thing is getting started on my diet. My REAL one. My “eat sensibly and healthy and try to fit in some exercise” diet. It worked for me before, down 25 lbs. No cabbage soup. Just obsessive calorie counting to make sure I am within my limit. I fill up on good, healthy, low cal food, and enjoy a small dessert at the end of the day (I skip breakfast so I can have dessert) and I don’t drink my calories. Can’t guzzle half a 2-Liter of regular Pepsi over dinner like I used to. I actually don’t drink much fluids at all these days. Like a cup of coffee in the morning and one drink with dinner. Maybe because I don’t talk much these days other than “good girl” and “did you go poopie?” but I’m rarely thirsty. Plus my home is overly humidified and I have the condensation on my windows to prove it. But I digress. . .

So January is my warm up month. Calorieking.com, which I LOVE because you can find out the calorie count of any food in any portion, tells me I must eat under 1200 calories a day to lose weight. That is more than a bit ridiculous. If you know calories, that is next to nothing. I can’t starve myself because my body won’t allow it. Seriously if I skip a meal I don’t even feel hungry and I just get nauseous. So I am keeping it to 1500 for now, maybe down to 1400 by February.

I haven’t been able to fit in a workout yet (20 minutes of pilates) but I promise I will once I get this big tree packed away.

So yup, vanity kicked in and has taken over. I can proudly say that today I went to Target, spent over a hundred bucks, and didn’t buy a single bag of candy or other junk food item. Now THAT is commitment.

-

No comments: