Saturday, January 31, 2009

How's your Friday Night?

It's been a rough tough day. Tylo got her first real cold because at 7 1/2 months, I've finally been exposing her to the outside world of germs. And she pretty much got sick right away.

First there was that gymboree class, sitting on the floor and touching community toys and all that. Then we went to Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner at my folks' house and I didn't force all the eager relatives to wash their hands before touching her or touching her toys. So, the poor baby is sick. Cranky, sniffly, snot oozing from her nose, coughing so hard she gets tears and starts to cry, and not eating or sleeping well at all. To top it all off, she throws up her entire dinner on me because she's furious that I tried to wipe her nose so it doesn't get crusted over and obstructs her breathing. Good thing I only fed her applesauce. See that happy baby in the pic to the right? That's not my little Tylo today.

I just hope today was the worst of it and she's all better soon. And that getting this cold will build up her immunity to ickier germs later on.

I'm leaving her with HP tomorrow so I can get a much needed haircut. I guess I should go wash the puke out of my hair before I go to bed.

It doesn't get much more glamourous than this, does it?

-

No comments: