Monday, November 10, 2008

The Great Indoors

Been a little busy lately, running around town trying to take advantage of the last few days left of semi-warm weather. Babies seem to love being outside - the colors, movement, sounds, it stimulates them and all their senses. I don't even have to move around - Tylo would be happy on the balcony looking out. Anyway, it's getting pretty darn cold out and I worried about her our entire 30 min walk, even though she was bundled up well. And if it's raining - forget about it. Not that I'm afraid she'll get wet and cold, which I am, I'm more afraid of all the drivers out there. Just like all the other dangers out there, drivers seem that much worse when you have a little one to protect.

The other day while I was walking around our complex a very large male boxer (dog) got away from its owner and came right toward us. I had Tylo in my Bjorn and had enough sense to wrap my arms around her dangling limbs and turned my back to the approaching dog. It seemed more playful than intimidating, but I wasn't taking my chances. When it got to us, the dog actually stood up and placed its paws and tried to push me down! I knew it didn't mean harm but this was a huge muscular dog and if it wanted to, it could knock me down and maul us both. Luckily the owner caught up to us right away and pulled the dog away from us. He was genuinely sorry. Still, dog owners, no matter how well behaved you think your dog is, keep it leashed. How bad would you feel if your dog tore a limb off a baby? It doesn't help that I am NOT a dog lover. Maybe because one of my earliest memories of a dog was this little tiny one with white curly fur that bit me right on the hand.

Anyway, so I'm worried about what we will do every day during the colder months. There's only so many times you can go to the mall. And I'd go crazy if we stayed home more than two days in a row. There's only so many times you can read "Mimi's Toes" to a baby. Any suggestions?

-

No comments: